|Other supplies: patterned paper (“Baby Jane” mini pad – Cosmo Cricket; “Acorn Hollow” mini pad – Little Yellow Bicycle), star die (“Whatnots Die Celebrate Set” – Your Next Stamp), assorted Copic markers, ink (Espresso Truffle, Rich Cocoa, Toffee Crunch – Tsukineko Memento), edge distresser (Heidi Swapp), silver pigment ink, clear embossing powder, silver gel pen, twine (Trendy Twine), kraft cardstock.|
Hi, everybody! I’m pleased as punch to let you know that I’m guest designing this week at Seize the Birthday!
You’ve probably noticed my cards for their challenges, since I’ve been playing along with them for several weeks and was so thrilled when Lesley asked me to guest for this week’s sketch…of course, I said YES!
If you’ve never played along with “Seize the Birthday” before, here’s the scoop:
- Seize the Birthday is a weekly challenge blog that helps you get birthday cards done for both him AND her! Every month, there are two sketches for you to try, but with a twist!
- Each sketch is used twice…on the first week, the challenge is to use the sketch to make a feminine birthday card. During the second week, the same sketch is used, but for a masculine birthday card!
- You can make a birthday card, invitation, tag, gift bag, or whatever else you might need for that special someone’s upcoming birthday!
So, this week, we’re making a masculine card, and here’s what I made:
|Supplies: patterned paper (“Endless/Fair Weather” mini pad – Authentique), image stamp (“Tobie and his Puppy” – Some Odd Girl), sentiment stamp (“Sentiment Sampler” – Paper Smooches), Copic markers, ink (Brilliance Graphite Black, Memento Espresso Truffle).|
|Other supplies: patterned paper (“Baby Jane” – Cosmo Cricket), Copic markers, twine (“Blue Berry” – Annie’s Paper Boutique/Trendy Twine), silver gel pen, silver glitter brads (American Crafts), sewing machine, Spellbinders Labels 25.|
- Enter a card, scrapbook layout, or 3D project using a TGF Stamp 6 months or older. (For a list of stamps by release, click HERE.)
- Upload your creation to SCS, your blog, or any online gallery and use the InLinkz tool at the bottom of the Retro-Fresh challenge post on the TGF blog to submit your creation.
- You have until TUESDAY, April 9th, 2013 at NOON CST to enter, so you have ALL month to play along! One random winner will receive their choice of ONE 4×6 *rubber or clear* stamp set and ONE Single stamp... how SWEET is that?!
|supplies: image stamp (“Birthday Josh” – Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps), sentiment stamp (“Word Salad” set – Paper Smooches), patterned papers (“Note to Self” – Echo Park), Spellbinders Labels One, sewing machine, Copic markers, Ranger Glossy Accents, gold metallic gel pen.|
So, what else is going on? Here are a few things you might like to know:
There’s a new crop of stamps being previewed this week at The Greeting Farm! Be sure to stop by the TGF blog to find out how YOU can win some of the newest and freshest stamps on the Farm!
|Supplies: patterned papers, wood button (Basic Grey “Shine On” collection), yellow striped paper (Echo Park Dots & Stripes), twine (Trendy Twine – “Berries Jubilee“), Spellbinders hexagon die, Copic markers, resin dots (My Mind’s Eye), sentiment stamp (PaperTrey Ink), kraft, white card stock (PaperTrey Ink).|
- For this term, our challenges are focused on movies and it will be an EITHER-OR-BOTH challenge. You can EITHER use the movie in the title as inspiration OR use the suggested theme or item. You may want to even kick it up a notch and use BOTH! We can’t wait to see your creativity with these challenges!
- When you have finished your card or project, visit the Drunken Stampers blog and add your blog link, gallery link, etc. using the InLinkz tool at the bottom of the challenge post.
- Please add the link directly to your project (any generic blog links will be deleted from the list) then please leave us a comment to let us know. (If InLinkz isn’t working or is just misbehaving, please leave a comment at the bottom of the challenge post with the direct link to your card)
- You have until Friday, March 1 at 11:59pm PST to post your link for this challenge.
Howdy, everybody! I’m blogging from the road today as we’re starting our road trip for (what I hope is our final) cross-country move. Before I get to my card post, I just wanted to update you on things happening in my personal life.
After close to 9 years of being an Army Wife and moving from Louisiana (where I’m from) to northern New York to Georgia to Washington and now to northern Virginia, I’m SO ready to settle in and finally have a crafty space all to myself! Scott recently departed the Army after 16 years of service, and we’re relocating so he can start his civilian job.
The hardest part of every move has been that I’ve had to say goodbye to friends I’ve made. It’s especially hard this time, because I got to know so many super-cool and creative ladies while I’ve been here. It’s not so much a goodbye this time as it is a “see you later”…but that doesn’t make it any easier!
Anyway, *sniff* on to my post for today…the masculine half of the sketch over at “Seize the Birthday“!
Here’s my card! I used one of my favorite guy images, “Turntable Josh” by Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps:
|Other supplies: patterned paper (orange houndstooth – My Mind’s Eye “Fly a Kite” mini pad; polka dot and solid papers – Authentique “Endless/Fair Weather” mini pad.) sentiment stamps (Paper Smooches – “Sentiment Sampler” and “Word Salad“), Copic markers, twine (“Twisted Teal” – Trendy Twine), watermark ink, white embossing powder, Brilliance Graphite Black ink, Spellbinders circle die.|
Happy Saturday! It’s my team’s turn to post our cards for this week’s challenge at Drunken Stampers, which is to use animal print(s):
Greetings, crafty friends! Thanks for stopping by today to see what I’ve created for the first of several previews of this month’s releases at The Craft’s Meow!
I was scheduled to be TCM’s guest designer for August. Unfortunately, the release was delayed, so I’ll be joining the fabulously talented Craft’s Meow team for September instead! I promise, these sets are worth the wait…and I’m thrilled to share peeks of them with you!
The set we’re creating with today is the “Vintage Clocks” set! I know you’ll love creating with this set…not only are there some gorgeous illustrations, designed by the ever-fabulous NinaB., and some great sentiments as well!
Here’s my card:
|Other supplies: paper (Basic Grey Clippings), Copic markers, gold glitter gel pen, ink (SU Chocolate Chip), buttons, twine, card base, sewing machine, foam tape, heart brad, Glossy Accents.|