Happy Thursday! I hope you had fun checking out all the blogs in the Your Next Stamp 3rd Birthday blog hop! If you didn’t get the chance to join the hop, click HERE for my post, which includes a list of all the blogs!
This week’s challenge at Your Next Stamp is inspired by BOOKS!
So, I made a corner bookmark featuring Shirley Temple Ellie:
It’s not hard to make these from envelope corners. Here’s how:
- First, you cut the envelope corner at a 45 degree angle. You can get two bookmarks from one envelope, and the size of the bookmark doesn’t matter…that’s up to you!
- Then, I cut two triangles of patterned paper slightly smaller than the envelope corners. (I used Echo Park’s Happy Together for my bookmark.) I sewed on the patterned paper before sticking it down, but you don’t have to do that!
- I stamped and colored my main image, ran it through my manual die cut machine, and adhered it to a decorative die cut circle, then adhered that to the front of the bookmark!
- To help the bookmark stay on the page, I used very strong adhesive to glue a tiny magnet near the outside bottom center of the back of the envelope corner. (That way, the magnet doesn’t get in the way of the book pages.) After it dried, I adhered a triangle of patterned paper on top to hide it.
- Instead of using a second magnet in the front, I added a metal brad between the patterned paper and the envelope corner so the brad’s prongs are hidden under the paper and aren’t on the inside of the bookmark.
Don’t forget, we’ve had a few changes to our challenge guidelines, making it easier for everyone to play along and to have the chance to be a YNS Rockin’ Guest Designer!
Here’s the scoop:
Our Rockin’ YNS Guest Designers get:
For more inspiration, check out what the other members of the team created for this challenge: Julie, Kelli, and Wendy! (Or you can see all of their creations at the YNS blog)!
Thanks so much for stopping by! I can’t wait to see what you’ll create for this week’s challenge!